Monday, March 24, 2008

March 24th.

Dinner!
israeli noodles and homemade pesto
My roommate was making these noodles and he planned to just put, I don't know, whatever on them, but that's stupid and boring, so I cut up zucchini and garlic and cooked that in olive oil. Then I checked the freezer and found some chopped spinach and some peas, so I threw that in too, and cooked it. Then when it was all mushy, I realized that this could, in fact, be some weird pesto-y thing, so I cooked it down a bit more, and then put it in the food processor with a few teaspoons of pesto. Unfortunately, it was ridiculously liquidy, so I put it back in the pot and cooked it on super low until most of the liquid from the frozen vegetables had evaporated and it actually had a consistency similar to that of pesto. Voila, weird vegetable pesto.

No comments: